View Single Post
Old 08-24-2003, 08:10 PM

Default Re: $20-$40 Oceanside Hand

ive played in that game quite a bit although i definitely had trouble winning in it's more loose aggressive moments.

this is a must-bet on the end and flat call a checkraise expecting to be shown a full house. more often than not though you will be looking at a smaller flush. i dont think it's close at all which is why im wondering why you posted this hand. im guessing you were checkraised and shown a full house. by the way i like how you played the flop. far too many players on here think mandatory raising the flop is the correct play. there may be something for flat calling the turn as well, given turn raiser and turn bettor can have very little.

as for your mid limit shrinking question i think the higher mid limits struggle to get a game going in most places, but smaller mid limits like 15-30 are doing well. oceans 11 does get a 40-80 overs going every now and then when there's a tournament or holiday weekend or something. last time i saw one there were some sort of complaints about possible collusion or something from some of the regulars. pretty ugly, but i have to admit i did not get the full scoop. there are sometimes 3 20-40 games going at once on summer weekends.