View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Did I suck out on this??? Odds question>>>

I posted a question about using the loose games chart in the beginners forum:http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1

The loose games SSH chart says it applies when there are 6-8 players on the flop on average. Let's assume that the blinds never fold and you play 17% of your hands. That means in every pot there will be 2.17 people in it to start. That means out of the remaining 7, 3.83 people need to be in the hand. That means the VPIP % would need to be 55%. I think it's pretty safe to say that you could go quite a long time without running into a table of this type. (Also, when you start to consider blinds not playing 100% the figure gets even higher.) Am I missing something?

I got a bunch of reply's stating that SSH was written for B&M games but I think that for Party it should rarely be used. How often do you see the VPIP get to 55% on Party 1/2?

Also, for KJo in particular it seems that Ed Miller is a little inconsistent. In the chart he has you limping but in the questions part (p.318) it says you should usually raise after 1 or 2 loose players have limped. Now before you jump all over me, I want to say that I know the rationale behind raising after 1 or 2 loose players with this hand (it's becuase you will probably have an advantage on average over them and you would like to keep it short handed, right?) The problem is, I don't see this anywhere else in the book besides the questions. I guess this isn't necessarily inconsistent but I do think that it doesn't explain it in the preflop section and in a sense is a trick question.

(I also know that the chart isn't meant to be used as hard fast rules and you should learn to play hands based on their indivudual value taking your opponents into consideration.)