View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: My First Necrophilia Post.

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming it is not illegal would it be wrong to sell your own dead body, getting money now, for the purpose of necrophilia?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not certain how to begin thinking about this question, but I will try and get back to this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Also does the answer change based on how much money you get or what you would do with that money (eg save lives)?

[/ QUOTE ]
My initial reaction is certainly not. For example, if you believe that prostitution is wrong, it is wrong no matter how much you are getting paid for it, and no matter what you would use that money for. However, we have already talked about homicide being justified in certain cases, such as the defense of one's own life. Does that mean that anything is justified in the defense of your own life? Is it justified to kill off everyone in the world because it is the only way you can continue to live? Or are we trying to put some kind of value on human life, such that three people would be worth a certain dollar value but thirty people would be worth ten times that?

It would seem that it would be right to sell your own body for necrophilia if it meant the salvation of the entire human race--in fact it "seems" that it would be right to do any one thing for the purpose of the salvation of humanity. But this comes from an expected value calcuation that doesn't take into account how doing this thing will affect our spirit--and when I say spirit I am not necessarily talking about anything religious or having to do with God; it could be taken to mean "longterm mental and emotional health" and that would be totally accurate. Is it right to sell our body for these purposes if we will only gain $5, if by doing this we will suffer guilt and grief and remorse for doing so the rest of our lives? Is it right to do it even if we know it is going to cause our own insanity? It seems that giving up our sanity would be "correct" to achieve the salvation of humanity, but not "correct" for any finite amount of money. But where is the line drawn? What if the money is enough to cure AIDS? What if the money is enough to ensure the mental and emotional stability of all humans for the next 1000 years? How can you put a dollar value on your own sanity?

I will have to think about this more.

The questions that I am currently attempting to put some deep thought into on this:
Are some things wrong? Currently I believe the answer is yes.
What makes something wrong? This is perhaps a more difficult question and it's going to take a lot more thought.