View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: A few questions on live play in Atlantic City

[ QUOTE ]

1. How long does one have to wait to get a seat in the Taj? This will probably depend on the day and time, but on average?

[/ QUOTE ]
The one plus about the Taj is that I've never waited very long. You might get seated right away, even on a weekend. Longest I've ever waited is maybe 30 minutes, and that's only happened maybe twice.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Do the dealers announce the pot size on their own or perhaps when asked? I'm not accustomed to counting the pot by myself, so I should get ready for that. I figure I'd keep better track of the bets going in, since the pot won't exactly be neatly organized in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]
They don't announce it. But they will tell you if you ask.

[ QUOTE ]

3. I was told in my other thread that 0.5/1 doesn't exist in AC, so which games are the most accessible as a small stakes NL player? How is the competition in 1/2? I play 0.5/1 and 1/2 at Party, will live play be very different?

[/ QUOTE ]
1/2 blinds with $60 min buy-in, $300 max buy-in. That's the smallest. The next one up is 2/5 blinds with $100 min buy-in, $500 max buy-in. Definitely buy in for the max, but I assume you already know that. Yes, the play will likely be very different (but obviously that's somewhat dependant on the actual table). It's not necessarily more difficult, but you'll have to adjust or it'll hurt. What I noticed is that it's way more loose and way more aggressive. The second part of that is what threw me off.

[ QUOTE ]

5. Any other code or conduct or etiquette I should be aware of? Basically I just don't want to make an ass out of myself, especially at the table with everyone watching. Damn, I feel nervous already.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think the Taj will make you get a Taj card. They'll ask if you have one when you get seated, but just say no and it's fine. Also, FWIW, my friend who is 23 recently got carded there, and my friend who is 20 got by okay.