View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Sexy draw easy turn check?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I doubt you'll take it down with a turn bet. (I don't think SB is folding whatever he 3-bet with preflop very often in this big pot -- at least not yet.) Could a bet perhaps set up a river steal on a blank, though? That could be asking for a lot, but with such a big draw, you don't need that much folding equity to make pursuing a steal worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the way SB played his hand it's pretty clear he has a good made hand. After coming this far, it's doubtful that he'll just give up for one bet in a 12BB pot. I think it'd be better to try and bluff when nobody's showing weakness. It's always better when bluffing to represent a hand, not just strength, and there's not many hands to clearly represent when bluffing on this board given the PF action.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, SB's flop checkraise could be an attempt to protect a vulnerable made hand or even to get heads-up with his AK (which might have Hero beat).

As for what we're representing, couldn't we have a hand like A9/TT here, or even a set?

Anyway, I've never actually played 5/10 6-max, and I don't know how likely we are to be able to steal the pot with a turn bet followed by a river bet. I suspect not very. A lot of things would have to go right for that to happen.

I was kind of just throwing the idea out there.