View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: How do I not have this guys stack?

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I "open"-raise PF in this late of position (even pretty early for that matter). Of course in hind-sight, he might push over the top PF, you fold, yadayadayada...you're not posting this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Given your PF line, this is a pefect opportunity (this flop) for you to throw out a weak probe/"block" looking bet....1/3-1/2 would probably do. He'll likely come over the top of you here, with a missed AK, overpair, underpair, etc....just reasserting his PF strength declaration. If/when this occurs, I think the flop is likely plenty big at this point for you push.

[Checking the will also provide a CB lead from him on most occasions, but if he did in fact whiff, he's either folding to your "check/raise", or folding to an unimproved turn lead on your part.]

If he simply calls your flop bet here...AND you hit the nuts on the turn, it's time to slow down and check the turn. Continuing from your weak representation on the flop, a "i give" on this turn MIGHT get him to try to take it down (although not likely here, because your proposed probe bet on the flop, might make this second 9 pretty scary).

If you get to the river without him biting on the turn, you MUST bet. There is no reason to believe he will take a stab now, having passed on what was already the 'scare' card. A value bet of 1/2 potish, might still get a call from an underpair, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

i usually lead with a probe bet into PFR here, I usually bet the river here. For some reason I was convinced he missed the flop and was praying he would bluff. But everyone is right, of course.

On another note, who checks this turn and river with QQ? I dont think ive ever seen someone so weak-tight on a party sng [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]