View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: dealing with minraises against your BB @ later levels (55s)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely right, you will win the pot often enough to make this play profitable. Occasionally, you will run into a hand and have to let it go, but villain is not going to call your flop bet unless he has hit. You need to take that chance.

Pre-flop you are ony a 65% to 35% underdog to A-K if you hold 8-4 offsuit, so even the preflop call is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have to call you out on your logic in the last part of your post. being a 65/35 dog preflop does not justify you calling the PF raise. You're a 65/35 dog for the entire hand. If by calling, you were all-in, and would get to see the river, then you may be getting the right odds. You can't use those numbers and ignore the imminent post flop bets you would have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can still hit your hand. If the flop were to come something like 8-2-10, you are likely ahead. You're probably even ahead on something like 10-7-4.

Also, to have called a raise shows strength, a willingness to play, he doesn't know what you have, make him pay to find out. You go all-in, it's an "I hope you go away" move.

Obviously, more than one way to play this.