View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Pocket 2\'s ITM with even stacks

Well it is a $22 but he was a good player - very tight and aggressive otherwise this would be much clearer to me. That is why I think a small raise may have been better here because he would have noticed that I don't play that way and he would realize that going to the flop could cost him a lot of chips if I was slow playing or even not and just happened to hit something.

I want to calculate the ICM on this based on a min raise but of course to do that I need some numbers. Do you think the following are reasonable keeping in mind that he was a solid player, I had not min raised the entire game and played pretty well if I may say so and also consider the fairly even stack sizes?

Fold 70%
Reraise All-In 15% in which case I would fold
Call 15% - I will break this result down further giving the edge to him.

I want to make the "Min Raise ICM Calculation" as accurate as possible to make this a fair comparison. Given the circumstances I think those numbers are pretty close but anyone feel free to comment.

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, it's a 22. Your opponent is not thinking in as linear a pattern as we do, and he will not just push over the top or fold. If you min-raise he'll probably flat call. Now you're playing an underpair out of position.

PPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH

[/ QUOTE ]