View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: dealing with minraises against your BB @ later levels (55s)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like to call here, and being first to act, bet out about 1/2 the pot no matter what the flop.

I'd like to hear some input on this as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is terrible imo. You have < 10bb after posting, and if your continuation/probe bet fails, you have just lost almost 1/2 of your stack. If you want to make a stand, push over the top and take it down. This kind of weak blind defense is really easy to pick up on and play back at.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as coming over the top. . . let's say you've just pushed 2 of the last 4 hands. . . that makes me less inclined to push here, figuring big stack might look me up.

I disagree with your point about this being weak blind defense. . . I think this is quite the contrary. It would be weak to call the raise, then check/fold to the raiser, but by leading out I think we win this pot often enough to make it profitable, PLUS discourage future steals.

Think of it like this. . . When you steal w/ more than 10BB's, do YOU minraise? Why not? Isn't it because you don't want to give the BB odds to call w/ any 2? So if it's the other way around. . . shouldn't you use your opponent's mistake against him?