View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Psychology of Losing

[ QUOTE ]
You're making the mistake of attributing way too high a correlation between your short-term results and your play. This will drive you insane in a bad downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying I shouldnt care about short term results and caring about short term results is what causes me to focus? Yeah I really should stop that, im trying, I no longer lose 1-2 buy ins, now I lose half to 1, almost got it down.

[ QUOTE ]
If you do not take the game seriously until you are down 1 or 2 buy-ins then you might want to consider moving up in limits if your BR is big enough to handle it

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the reason why im having a hard time playing holdem, I am kind of new to the game, I have only played in play chip tables before and tourneys, but not cash games, but the 25 NL(.15-.25) tables bore me too much, I cant stand playing them im used to 100 PL(.50-1) Omaha High Low, I want higher stakes to pay attention.

I think this is a problem, when I first started playing PL Omaha High, which was a new game to me somewhat as its similar to high low, I could not play the 25 PL(.15-.25) tables because the stakes bored me, so I quickly moved up to the 100(.50-1) tables without knowing much about the game I broke even for the first 4000 hands, but then I just got the hang of it and havent looked back since im getting close to 20k in hands and am a consistent winner.

I wonder should I do this with holdem? I have played 400 hours of play chip tables and a bunch of tourneys, so I know how to play at least ABC poker, you think this will cut it at the 100 NL(.50-1) level?