Thread: Stars 15+1
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Stars 15+1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ill explain my thoughts after some responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

push.
explain thoughts.
I'm curious to hear why you don't love this.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not the SB I am worried about as he will fold everything up to about 5 hands.

What I hate is that BB is always calling...And maybe 40% of the time I am creating a new 3 way scenario. When BB wins he has almost 4000 and we are are, for all intents and purposes, all even again given the blinds are 800. I feel like I am better off keeping the status quo and picking off SB some more if possible. IOW, I have no exploitation ability in this hand, its my 2 vs. his. Whereas, if I fold, I can either:

lock up at least 2nd if SB gets him, or, steal SB's blind again and widen the stack gap some more for heads up.

Maybe I am going crazy...cas A8 is a monster 3 way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to have to face him down sooner or later. mostly sooner, because if you let him have a few blinds he will have a stack that will cripple you. Or at least bring you to even.
You need to get him now. You certainly can't wait for a better hand or better position.
The blinds are huge and it is something of crap shoot time anyway.
And I disagree with the poster who wants to just put the smallstack allin and laydown if the middle stack re raises. You fear very few hands from him.
I must agree with your self analysis of going crazy as this is a monster hand in this situation.