View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: How\'s my line 15/30 Live

[ QUOTE ]
I am more convinced than ever that, if there's a hand to fold for one chip in the small blinds, it's unsuited ace-rag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assuming you also mean king-rag. In either case, I sort of disagree. The key is you must play the weak king or weak ace well, and sometimes playing well means checking and folding to a bet that is made from early position into several remaining opponents. This is especially true when the bet is already called elsewhere.

IOW, there are times when giving up early is the better play, but people on this board seem unwilling to make laydowns with top pair lately.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, on the river, you've been betting all the way and now an apparent blank comes and he raises. It's virtually impossible that one pair is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two years ago I'd agree completely. But I'm seeing more and more aggro plays in spots where we never used to see aggro plays. If its an unknown or new player, I think it should usually be paid off (keep in mind I advised checking and calling on the river elsewhere in the thread).