View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 12:38 AM

Default theory post, playing in passive predictable games of 100+BB

"This is true - but have you ever been in one of those games where there's never a raise preflop, and you're (usually) the best post-flop player? It sucks when you start being aggro preflop and it changes the dynamics of the game enough so that it's no longer cheap to see flops. I like to give up EV if I feel that doing my standard aggro preflop game hurts the dynamic of the game itself (where I'll have a larger edge postflop for low risk). Thoughts? "
-Gomberg, referring to straight-foward passive games (full ring?)

Hello, this is an idea I've been thinking about for a while. I've also been thinking about how at low levels (2-4 NL, 3-6 NL), some ppl play so poorly postflop (no idea to not go broke with marginal holdings and they inflate the pot with vulnerable hands OOP (ie medium two pair), that I feel like it might be profitable to limp into pots in late position with hands like 44 and 79s instead of raising. Do you think this applies to 6-handed games or are the blinds going too fast that you just have to make a raise in late position with these holdings. I feel like if you nut peddle for cheap in these passive, straight-foward games, limping into a lot of pots is likely more profitable. Thoughts? My main question is about limping into pots late position with marginal holdings that you could play big pots with like 79s or 33. I still feel like one should raise with 88 or TQs. Anyone suggest a mixed frequency of raising with these latter hands? I feel like I may be raising too much, id say about 75-90 percent when I get these in single limped or unopened pots.