View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Has anyone mentioned that Fischman played great?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's shown that he has some serious talent. The issue that most people have with Scotty is the manner in which he conducted himself when he first burst onto the scene in 2004

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no problem with that, for the most part. His comments about taking over the poker world were not appealing, but I didn't mind the bit about falling onto his back on the poker table, nor his high-spiritedness after winning.

If he cut all ties to Dutch, then he would be on my list of good poker players who are also nice guys.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg, this may be a dumb question, but have you crossed paths with Scott over a poker table? Did he seem like a loose-aggressive player to you, or is that just the impression I get from the TV highlights?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW....

I've played with Scott before and after his TV appearances.

TV, as it has been said many times, can be very deceiving.

I found Scott to be an excellent player. Knows the game. Hard to read. Tricky. Good reader. Aggressive when he feels he can be. Not afraid to make a move based on his reads.

As far as his personality....I found him very friendly & talkative; basically a high energy kind of guy.

I was a bit surprised (and somewhat dissappointed) that he got caught up with some of the guys that he did, but we all wander down the wrong path from time to time.

Hopefully he's learned better by now.