View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: shipped extra product

I had something similar happen to me with a big Amazon-type company. I'd ordered quite a few items mid-November that were going to be Christmas presents, and the site promised delivery in less than two weeks. Two weeks goes by and they hadn't arrived yet. I emailed them a few times to inquire about my order and didn't receive any response. I emailed them again about 10 days before Christmas and received a form letter reply stating that they were having shipping problems and were trying hard to get the items out in time for Christmas. I then tried to cancel my order, but received a reply that the items had already been shipped out and I'd have to return them before I could get a refund.

The items finally arrived on December 23rd. By this point I'd bought a couple of replacement gifts because I assumed that the stuff wouldn't arrive on time. Everything arrived in two boxes. When I opened box #1 I noticed that *everything* I'd ordered was in there. I opened box #2 and saw that they'd shipped me two of everything.

Normally I'd have returned the items, but this time I kept them. I didn't like the fact my first few emails were ignored, nor the fact it took them a month and a half to get my order to me.

I gave away all the extra gifts at a Christmas party I threw on Christmas eve.