View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Iraq War (a few facts)

This post made me laugh out loud.

[ QUOTE ]
The recent posts on the Iraq War have so many factual errors I had to start a new post.

1. The current war in Iraq is actually a continuation of the one in which Iraq invaded Kuwait. That war never oficially ended. A cease fire was agreed to by Saddam Hussein. He broke the cease fire agreement when he jacked around with the UN inspectors for 10 years. Clinton didn't have time to get BJ's from Monica and perform his job at the same time, so all we had was a 10 year intermission.

2. Anyone who believes there were no WMD's is naive. Just ask the Kurds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one. Except they still haven't found any WMD, and there is zero reason to believe that he still had some. No one denies that at one point he had chemical weapons and used them on the Kurds, but that was multiple DECADES ago.

[ QUOTE ]

3. Anyone who believes there was no connection between Saddam Hussein is naive and uneducated. Just follow the Saudi money trail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naive and uneducated, eh? Sounds like an ad hominem to me. There is no evidence of this connection, and if a connection was discovered, it would be in the front page of every newspaper. And if you are thinking of replying with something along the lines of "the newspapers are liberal so they would cover it up," then please go back to your cave.

[ QUOTE ]

4. Anyone who disagrees with points 2 and 3 needs to realize that international politics is not the US court system where you need everything documented in triplicate for a conviction. All you need is to learn your history, read between the lines, and apply some common sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the burden is on us doves to prove a negative? 100,000 + Iraqis have been murdered so far by US soldiers, not to mention the amount of US lives that have been lost. On a hunch?

[ QUOTE ]
5. Even if we relocated Israel to Greenland and gave the whole country to the Palestinians the crazy Arabs would find something else to fight about. Go read your pre-WWII Middle East history.

Gulf War Vet (USAF 89-93)

[/ QUOTE ]

those "crazy arabs." Has this poster been cut off yet by the moderators? This is racist, offensive, and frankly disgusting. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.