View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Yet another AK hand

PF - ok
flop - not so ok
turn - ok
river - meh

I think 3x is fine opening from your position. Sadly, many a donk felt compelled to go for the ride.

On this flop - with THIS pot, you simply can't throw out a CB here. Far too many hands on deck, holding god knows what kind of "oooh, i have a draw!" type hands. You are only unnecessarily building a bigger pot, of which you will most likely not be part of past this flop.

Instead, I would check as well, despite being the PF raiser. With a pot this large, check/calling MAY be appropriate depending on the odds - but don't lose sight of YOUR improvement, improving you to only '2nd best' (flush, straight, etc.). Bottom line is, I'm check/folding a bunch of times here.

Turn: We have a small problem. With your CB and a call, we have a VERY large pot. Ideally, I'd like to represent the Ace here with 3/4ish pot kind of bet. But now it's a TON of chips. Continue with your <1/2 probe stuff (here, because of the price), and you get pushed over/reraised too often. Does he have 2-pair now with the Ace? It would certainly explain the 1/2pot flop call. You have yourself in a jam. Had we gotten to the turn with say a 400ish sized pot, we could throw 300-350 at it, and - probably wisely, fold to a push/reraise. If not "wisely", than at least with some of our arse intact. At this point you are borderlined committed to this pot. I'd reluctantly call as well (though folding is very reasonable option).

DAMN....TEE-TIME IN 16MIN!!!! ........have to finish later