View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: NHL Trade - Heatley for Hossa

At first, I thought Ottawa ran away with this one...but thinking about it a little more everyone wins.

I'm not sure who saw the press conference an hour ago, but Heatley looks pumped to be in Ottawa...or anywhere in Canada for that matter. He's finally in a city that cares about hockey.

Hossa is a very very skilled offensive threat, but Heatley is the total package. Skilled, young, tough and plays well under pressure (see international experience). This is a player who could get Ottawa deep in the playoffs, let alone past Toronto.

Atlanta, on the other hand, gets a super skilled forward to replace another star who just didn't want to be there anymore (can you blame him). As soon as Ottawa signed him for 18/3, you knew he was gone. I didn't expect this, but in hindsight I can't believe no one saw it coming (except for "guy with a blog").

I would have loved to see Heater in hometown Flames silks, but I think it would have involved Phaneuf or Iginla going the other way...neither of which I would touch with a 10-foot pole.