View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: master level bot created?

[ QUOTE ]
unlike other games where computers have proven to be equal or supieror(sp?) to humans, i.e. chess and backgammon, poker has a large factor of "human" element.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually there isn't a human element in online poker. At all. All your decisions are based on statistical analysis, pattern recognition and crude profiling.

Poki combined with a PT database of a few million hands would do very well in most online games. There just isn't such a bot around though.

There hasn't been all that much research effort made on poker bots. It's not exactly fair to compare todays poker bots to todays chess bots. I guesstimate that by 1965 there had been more research done on chess bots than there has been on poker bots in 2005.

Both Doyle and Cloutier claim that their superior memory is what sets them apart as NL players. But neither hold even a candle to the memory sun of computers.

I think that in the coming decade we'll see a fair amount of bots which can both hold their own against superstars and extract near the maximum against weak opposition.