View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Possible Cheating (Long-ish) Please Help

he dealt half the hands, and someone else dealt half the hands. and also, we're giant, lazy retards....

seriously. you're in a game with friends. FRIENDS. some of them hold their cards at 90-degree angles and other people can sometimes see them. that's the kind of game it is. you're not on the lookout for collusion artists. it's a .10/.20 game. let's just say that it's not the type of situation where you're on the lookout for cheating. and the dude is my roommate. and the stakes involved aren't significant (unless you generate a colddecking situation when the stacks actually get deep).

right. this was SO OBVIOUS, and I had absolutely no reasons not to raise a stink right there on the spot with a friend of mine in a friendly game. after all, i just liberally accuse people of cheating and take steps to prevent cheating in friendly games. anyone who doesn't is a huge effing moron. and if you do suspect cheating, it's really stupid to wait to ask other impartial people and then decide a course of action. i am so stupid.

keep in mind that this is the first time that i played with my roommate where he was dealing a substantial number of hands. i did end up noticing. i pointed it out to other people who definitely aren't experienced gamblers and wouldn't be counted on to notice themselves. but they agreed that they saw what i saw. now the trick is what inference to draw from it, and this is where i want unbiased people to help me.

i hope the sarcasm was evident here. sometimes you ask help on these forums, and you get this extremely condescending reply. it's sometimes more helpful if you just think about the state of mind in the OP's post, and why he's asking the questino. chesspain, i know you're a respected poster around here, so you can take my comment as a more general one (that no one will pay attention to anyway).