View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Try to get me to stay in school....

[ QUOTE ]
. I want freedom to do whatever I want whenever I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case I strongly advise on getting a degree, a good education keeps the doors open for virtually anything you may want to do, without one some doors are immediately shut.

A job you had when you were 16 does not really give a fair indication of the opportunities on offer once you have a your degree. You don't have to get a 9-5 office job if thats not for you. There are plenty of opportunities out there. But if you think that quitting school and playing poker for a few years, increases your freedom, I think you are mistaken. If the life of an on-line pro poker player is the most appealing to you, and your good enough to be successful at it, then by all means do it. But if a few years down the line you feel differently for whatever reason, not finishing your education will be a restriction not a freedom.

Having said that it's important to enjoy what you are doing & I know plenty of people who have quit school and are very happy and successful, education isn't the be all and end all, but it is the most effective way of keeping your future options open.

GL in whatever you decide.