View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Try to get me to stay in school....

I suppose what I really want is freedom. I guess if I am going to get a degree, I want to do it right without basically flunking out. I guess I just see that most people see going to college then getting a job as the only way to make it through life. I think the whole idea that i "must" to write a 15 page paper and that i "must" show up to class just arent appealing to me. I also really dont see the purpose of getting a useless degree. I also know I do NOT want to put too much effort into it. Some things in life are hard...but I have found that you really dont have tp do the hard stuff. I have basically spent about 2 years learning poker, reading basically every poker book out there. I have no problem learning and being great at something I enjoy. Anything I have ever done in my life, I have dont very well if I like it and just average if I dont like it. Poker happens to be one of the things I like, so I do well at it. I find it amazing that I can read and understand TOP or HPFAP in one day, yet it takes me 2 hours to read through 1 chapter in a school text book. I guess I dont judge success in life by success in college. Maybe I should.