View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Try to get me to stay in school....

Is everyone on this site an engineer?

Anyway, if you don't care about getting a degree because it isn't going to help you make money. Then why do you care about your GPA? You sound like a bright kid, you should be able to coast through these next years with ease.

Hell you've got a 3.7 now. I would put it in cruise control, get a fake ID, party, experiment with drugs, have as much promiscuous sex as you possibly can. Support your habbit with your poker winnings. You're worried about "C"'s? Just remember you can't spell degree without a "D"... or two or three...

Seriously, you've got a great thing going? I don't see the problem. Scholarship, great cash flow/fallback, easy major.

F your GPA, it doesn't mean anything unless you want to go to gradschool. And judging by the conversation we are having now, we have a better chance of hell freezing over before that happens.

I do think it's funny that you are worried about your poker job security. It's like this generation's version of "I hope the factory doesn't close down. Then what on earth would I do?"

But seriously, take it from a recent engineering graduate/ poker enthusiast. Don't kill yourself with the books; it's not necessary. You have more freetime in college then you ever will again. You've got enough time to do everything you want and still graduate.

good luck..