Thread: Cruise ships
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Cruise ships

I only went on the PPM IV cruise. They had about 60 tables in there and spread everything....but it was a $10k buy-in tourney so there was some money on board (not as much as you might think though since 90% of the players were online qualifiers).

I suspect the action was higher on the PPM cruise than the other cardplayer cruises....but on the boat I was on there was plenty of 10/20 and 20/40 all over the place.
Above that I don't really pay attention anyway.

There were some people who just bought the cruise-package and NOT the tourney entry. Had dinner with a couple of 100/200 players who were wearing jackets from the Commerce in LA.

I would be surprised if they didn't have 20/40 on the other cruises though. They're pretty damn popular these days and obviously people who take these cruise are coming to play cards.
I doubt they're all in it for 3/6 or 6/12 (although they spread those as well).

I reiterate that the dealers that Cardplayer uses are quite good. And I don't always say that (the dealers at the WSOP were mostly below-average for example).
Just wanted to clear up my previous compliment about them because it was really much more than 'surprisingly...the dealers didn't suck.' not even close.