View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: BB defense: I check-raise an A77 flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is semi-tight, aggressive player who doesn't go to showdown much. Stats: 25/12/1.9 w/ WtSD=27 and ASB=44 over 840 hands.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Jeff W is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Jeff W calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Jeff W checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Jeff W raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Jeff W checks and intends to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you have check raised that flop you have to bet the turn. Wasn't the point of the c'r to gain fold equity on the turn bet?

The fact that he called your c'r means nothing other than he has two cards. His low WSD means he likes to fold for the big bets. I would imagine you get a fold on this river at least half the time. As you played it, it seems like you put more money in the pot and then just gave it away.

That said, I don't love the check raise here unless I have a hand with some show down value or some way to improve. I think there are better spots........