View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Hypothetical AA on the Button Hand

[ QUOTE ]
I see the argument for cold calling but I still don't think it is right, especially at 2/4. Think about how EV changes when you let blinds in cheap vs playing against just the CO. On a very rare occasion I could see doing this play, but the blinds would have to prove to me that not only are the capable of folding, they like to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the answer myself. I posted this because I would have never thought about not three-betting here with AA on the button. Until shown otherwise I wil continue to three-bet in these situations. However, I was hoping to get input to see if others thought cold-calling was better, not in all sitautions, but under the conditions I described above.

I specifically didn't put in a limit as I wanted people to thik situiationally rather than based on a particular limit. One of the reasons I would three-bet is I expect theblinds to often come along with their junk (or at least inferior) hands but pay more to do so. But here I am suggesting that the blinds, while not very good, mayactually make a good pref-flop fold if they have to pay 2 or 2.5 - 2.66 SBs to see a flop. If you raise you may knock out blinds who play bad to mediocre post-flop. Clearly if they will often come along then you should always three-bet.

I am less concerned about deceiving the good CO with the cold-call as he will expect me to three-bet his possible steal with a wide range of hands here.