View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Passively Played Pair of Kings

[ QUOTE ]

When considering the turn action combined with preflop and flop, I think the turn check is a sign of extreme strength, or extreme weakness. Just calling on the river furthers the image of extreme weakness and guarantees an overcall from the guy w/ QQ-TT. The turn check/river raise now pushes the perception to either extreme strength, or absolutely nothing. Given that the players in this pot know that Hero is TAG, absolutely nothing is impossible on that board. I think just calling not only assures us of an overcall, it also gives QQ a chance to make a horrible river raise, thinking he's doing it for value.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see anyone checking a monster hand with position and two opponents on the turn. I can't fathom how you read this hand this way.

Further, your own analysis, even if we accept it, suggests that raising is better. How can QQ fold on an AAA board if he reads us for either a monster or nothing on the turn? The A hitting should make him think it more likely we are bluffing. Even if he does read us for strength, I don't think many players are capable of folding this hand.

Finally, hoping for QQ to raise doesn't gain you much, as 3-betting will be difficult.

Good luck.
Eric