View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Results

7 handed. Blinds $8,000/$16000. Ante: $800
Dealt to Hero A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Pot PF: $25600

<font color="grey">3 folds to hero.</font> <font color="red">Hero Raises to $40,000</font> <font color="grey">Button Folds</font>. Villian Calls $40,000. BB is all in for $12,000.

Flop (Main Pot: $36,000. Side Pot: $56,000): J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villian Checks. <font color="red">Hero bets $110,000 (all-in)</font>. Villian Calls $110,000.

Turn: [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
River: [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB shows K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I am shocked when Villian tables J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for 3 of a kind.

Hero finishes 6th.

The fact that Villian made a very loose call PF (very unexpected given his previous play) is why I thought this was an interesting hand.

After the hand, I decided that Villian probably loosened up his calling standards considerably given the all in BB, and a chance to knock out at least one, and maybe 2 players.

I was just wondering if others thought that he might have done so, or would have done so themselves, since it didn't occur to me at the time that this was likely.

As far as the flop bet goes, I think that I agree with the other posters that a small bet of $30K or so would probably have been the best, since he will fold many hands with 6 outs, giving me credit for being able to knock out the BB, and will let me know if I'm beat.

I am also feeling that a push PF might have been better, since it doesn't let SB in with any mediocre-&gt;bad holdings just to knock us out.