View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - NEW UPDATE ON START UP SITE OFFER

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still in for this aswell. I have a few questions though.

1. Will we only be able to qualify for 10K events or will we be able to qualify for some of the smaller events in the WSOP/WPT?

2. Will there be any tracking software on the site to figure out how far along we are?

Thanks for setting this up!

Durs

[/ QUOTE ]

I would tend to think the answer to question # 1 would be no.

Lets run through a scenario, a player generates 16k in rake, which 45% he is able to take on a monthly/or maybe weekly basis. Assuming he does that and so he collects $ 7,200 in the "safety net" feature . The balance of $ 4,800 would be payable if and only if he goes to a major poker event. Which means he is going to have to put his "safety net" money with it to purchase the package. (Or at least $5,200 and the player could probably just keep the 2k for travel expense) I don't think the site would allow the player to play in several smaller events because they might not get the benefit of an "army" of us represnting them showing up to play in a particular main event.

Just my thoughts, but I can run it by them to see if it the same example, say, a player wanted to enter 2 2k events, then he could just keep his $ 7,200 in safety net money, the site would pay the 4k for the 2 different events and the other $ 800 could perhaps be rolled over to the next qualifying period. Interesting and I like it, not just sure if they will.

I am fairly confident the answer to the second question is yes, but I will clarify it.