View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: AA 3rd hand into tournament. How would YOU play it?

Only limp in with Aces when you are UTG at a table filled with LAG's (Loose-Aggressive) who've been raising alot of pots preflop.

Raising is exactly the reason you eliminate hands like 5-6, 6-7, 6-8, 6-anything.

They called 3.5 BB preflop. I might have raise a little more than 50 actually.. In the early stages people are more likely to make liberal calls.. and already with one limper, I probably make it 75 to go (5 BB).

I wouldn't worry about those sixes.. Your opponent calling that bet on the flop certaintly tells me he has something.. The likely hood of it being a 6 is far lower than the Queen. A-Q, K-Q, Q-J are very realistic possibilities this early in a tournament that a weak or loose player might be holding. You can't run scared everytime the board pairs or you won't get far.

The fact that he led out on the turn, tells me that he doesn't have a 6 or a set. The bet on the turn tells me he has the queen.

The only other possibility, if it's a very loose player, who likes to steal pots, is two random hearts, maybe A-K or A-J hearts and he thinks you're bluffing, or he's setting up a bluff. If he's still holding a 6 or a set of queens (very unlikely) or if he made a set of 5s on the turn, its very unlikely he's betting into you here. He would more than likely check raise or check-call, then bet the river.

This is why you MUST, push all in on the turn. The simple 500 raise won't get it done. Push him all in and make him call of his stack with either the heart draw, or the A-Q, K-Q, Q-J.

Don't let him get to the river without being all in. Him slowplaying Kings or something is also another possibility at this level.