Thread: The LSAT
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: The LSAT

It wasn't too bad. Exhausting, but nothing you won't be prepared for if you look at a few practice tests.

Once.

For a few weeks before my test I basically did a bunch of practice tests. I'm not sure how many hours it worked out to.

I did a little worse than I expected, although I am still happy with my score. The only place I stumbled was on the logic games section. I got stumped by a tough game and kind of froze up and got nervous for little bit. Thankfully that was my last section so it didn't carry over to anything else (but the writing sample, which was easy anyways). Besides the games section, everything else went really smoothly. I did great on all the other sections.

Other info: I think just doing practice tests is the best prep. The courses and books have some merit, and will give you some good tips for approaching certain questions, but imo they're not as valuable as actually doing tests. For me the preparation was helpful in getting more experience with the games, and getting used to the timing constraints.

Also, the score is very important and you should by all means work hard to do the best you can, but don't go crazy because of it. This is easier said than done, as I was very stressed out both before I took it, and then waiting for my results. But it's probably not worth all the stress. Just try and stay relaxed and confident--as long as you do a little bit of prep you'll be fine. Worrying about it won't change anything, and will probably just hurt you.