View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: My Experience at Hollywood Poker (PokerRoom) thus far

[ QUOTE ]
Also folded a royal yesterday. Guy from early position raises to 2 bucks, I have aj of hearts and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, this looks like a good fold to me. I'm not sure how many royals I've folded in my life, but I'd estimate it's somewhere between zero and lots. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I too have been running bad at this site, though. I haven't been playing much, though... Over 1,831 hands (at limits between 1/2 and 3/6) I've lost $109, or -1.69bb/100.

Hmm... something weird about PT: If I go into my session notes tab, it says that at 2/4 average pot was 24, but in the summaries tab, it says that it was 27, average saw flop is 30.05 in both tabs.

I've found that red cards on a red table isn't really that hare to deal with, but I've opted to use the four-colour deck, because I want less chance of GT painting over cards and me not being able to read them (this happened before I upgraded GT+ to allow me to move around the stats).

So, one more update on the points front:

1831 hands (sorry about the mix of 1/2 and 3/6, as this is going to produce some "unique" and therefore "useless" results):

1051 points: 0.574 points per hand.

Meaning at 240 hph, you're going to get about 9.76/hr in bonus + rakeback (adjusted for mgr).

-------------

Jessica has been polite enough to respond to my somewhat less-than-subtle hints (Edit: in this thread) about wondering about her team's operating times in a private email (Edit: that she sent me). I'm going to quote a bit of it, since I think it reflects positively on them.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey David,

Hope you are well.

A little bird tells me you'd like to know our opening times. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

We tend to cover about 18 hours a day and this can vary depending on whos on the shift [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But we are usually available between 3am ET to 9pm ET.

Our email policy is simple...if we're in the office we'll get back to you within 15 minutes. Otherwise we'll get to it as soon as we can on our return.

If you don't hear from us for any extended period it will never be because we are ignoring you, more likely that we are in transit (as was the case for your silent period when we were traveling to Scotland).

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, I have gotten a message from them with the application form for method of payment, but I haven't replied to that yet, which is kinda embarassing, since I've been such a nit so far. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As soon as they see that the poker room has acknowledged that you've stared to pay rake, and they can track you, they send a confirmation, which is pretty neat.

At the top of their form to fill out for rakeback payment info, it clearly states "Forms must be received by 23rd of the month to enable rakeback to be credited for that calendar month.", which is fair.

I asked two questions about their policies just to make sure that they were consistent with other affilliates:

Rakeback is calculated by Calendar month, so if you sign up on the 20th you get about 10 days of rakeback. Amounts less than $50 roll into next month. Standard for the industry I think.

And the accounts department did contact me within 24 hours, as I was told they would.

--Dave.

-------------------

Actually, a few more things about the client software:

1) No swearing filter. Kinda neat. It's like they assume we're adults or something. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2) Something weird happened. I'm not sure how exactly this happened, but someone must have sat out or something at a weird point during a button move, because I was able to play a free hand in the UTG without posting a blind when I first sat at the table! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Kinda funny.

As long as I don't notice people taking advantage of this all the time, I won't report it, as anything that reduces blinds is good for the tighter players.

-----------

Last night at about 2am eastern (monday evening/tuesday morning), I opened 5 tables, and only one of them was playable (with my style). The rest had vpips between 25 and 20.

Kinda sad, but it was a monday after all. My time of the week selection has been really rotten for this site so far, probably giving it a worse rap than it deserves.

I think Party, by comparison, was reasonably playable during this time, but I'm not sure (it was bonus whoring week there, too).

-------------------

Edit: It seems to have a quite playable 25/50 game going right now, but there's no way that i can play in it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]