View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Yummy?

[ QUOTE ]
You can speak intelligently [on] complex issues most people don't understand. You've all but convinced me out of my position on the WWII nukes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because you did not understand what I was saying? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
As for anything to do with markets or economics, I've noticed, well, a drop off in quality. Perhaps we can take a lesson from the markets here and focus on our core competencies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Business, capitalism and the free market are, more than anything, my "core competency", as it happens.

Make no mistake, Nate: I am earning my daily bread through the workings of capitalism. I am, as it happens, a de facto capitalist.

That, however, as I have said many times before, should not stop me from questioning capitalism and all its apects, just like we should all be ready to question everything else!

...Now, if you would truly feel more comfortable entrusting your health, as far as cleanliness in restaurants is concerned, to Andrea Thompson of The New Yorker rather than a government watchdog, what can I say. This has nothing to do with capitalism, IMHO, but, rather, with common sense.