View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Do cocky homegame players annoy you?

I really do understand what you are saying. Once in a while a play a game with my nephew and his friends and they don’t have too many skill or real knowledge of the game. The important thing is they have a great time and if they have the delusion they are really good and boast among themselves how they outplayed each other its ok with me. I just sit back and smile and laugh and tell them great hand when they win and boy way I lucky when I win. It is rare that I am not in first or second place so the money goes my way most of the time. I am gracious in winning and congratulatory in losing and I keep everyone happy and enjoy myself. There are plenty bad beats because they don’t know how to lay a bad hand down and draw out too much. That’s ok with me because I do know how to fold and I am holding the best hand when and if I am outdrawn. Let them have them have their fun and boasts and wish them the best, take their money and leave them smiling for your return. They know they will be able to beat you next time because you were just lucky this time and they had bad luck. I have won about $500.00 from them this year and they always invite me back as a challenge for them because I am so lucky. Enjoy life a little and let up. I am sure there are game that you could play where you would be a fish too.