View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: More position stats for comparison and analysis

[ QUOTE ]
Running well? LOL. Yeah, for the last 6 years he's been "running well."

I've known ActionBob for about 6 years now and I don't think I've even known him to tilt (well once when we were blind raising in the pink game and I managed to take a rack from him, but I digress), get out of hand while in a pot, or not know the correct odds for any situation.

Basically, he's just the epitome of all that is solid. He's surely not going to argue that limping utg with 24 suited is correct in certain games like someone that posts here has argued with him.

~stephen

ps. My AA and KK numbers are 3.65 and 2.42 respectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buckshot,

I think you are responding to the wrong poster. I never suggested that it was a case of just running well. I suspect that he is doing something with his play that is very, very solid and different from most players.

What I don't understand though is this: If his post flop play is good enough to acheive such incredible win rates in the 15 and 30 (4BB and 3BB/100 respectively), why is he not winning more pots (he's 5-10% fewer than most other's W$SF) as a byproduct of such great play and great handreading?

He is clearly giving something up somewhere along the line, but seemingly gaining something more overall by doing so. So basically, I am really trying to understand his style - if it can be put in to words - and learn something here.

Nigel

PS. Your AA/KK numbers are fantastic (as it sounds like Bob's are as well). Over what sample size are you guys running high 3's?