View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: 50,000 hands @ 3/6(6max) please help!

[ QUOTE ]
Cartman watched me play a 2,500 hand session earlier this week and said that my postflop play looked fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know two other players who are beating the 3/6 (6-max) for at least 50K hands at a rate of around 3BB/100 and redbeard plays at least as well as they do.

[ QUOTE ]
Went to SD%:________________ 30.63

[/ QUOTE ]

When I originally looked at redbeard's stats, I thought that this must be the culprit. I suspected that there was some fundamental misunderstanding which was causing him to fold way too many hands postflop. I watched him play 2,500 hands and he played very solidly postflop. I certainly didn't think he was folding too much. To my astonishment, when we checked his PT stats at the end of the session his Went to SD% was exactly where it always is, around 30%.

Upon further investigation, I realized that he must be taking down lots of pots uncontested. This makes sense because I am sure his opponents view him (correctly so) as a much tighter preflop raiser than I am. But his Won$WhenSawFlop is around 40%, just like mine. His should actually be higher than mine I think because my VPIP is around 28 and his is only 18. Maybe the session I watched was just an aberration, but I think there is something that I am missing here as to an explanation of why this number is so low.

[ QUOTE ]
Vol Put $ in Pot:___________ 18.54

[/ QUOTE ]
The primary difference in his preflop strategy and mine is a substantially higher att to steal blind % as well as substantially higher VPIP in the blinds. But I don't think his tightness in the blinds would explain his low Went to SD%, right? If anything it would make it even lower.

<font color="blue">In light of the fact that he appears to play well enough postflop, do you guys think that he should just open up and play more loosely (say 25/15)?

Can anyone explain his low Went to SD %?</font>

Thanks,
Cartman