View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Using ALL CAPS doesn\'t strengthen your position

[ QUOTE ]
Myrtle, do you expect moderators--or teachers--or anyone--to have always acted perfectly?

[/ QUOTE ]

........groan.........

[ QUOTE ]
In the past I admit to having at times referred to Cyrus as a chucklehead or you as a nitwit--and/or suggested as much. However I have not done this frequently considering the total number of exchanges we have had. My criteria for disqualification on the vote referred to are that someone has name-called frequently and engaged in other childish and destructive behaviors on the forum--which I haven't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who mentioned anything about perfection? I simply pointed out that your above statement can literally be interpreted to be hypocritical. And to add to that, when you state...”which I haven’t”, you must acknowledge that statement as your subjective opinion, and may not, in fact, be interpreted that way by others.

[ QUOTE ]
Best advice I can give: do not expect perfection from others--or from yourself--because if you do, you will be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with the above.

Perfection is an admirable goal, as long as one has the perspicacity to understand how rarely it is achieved.

I think that disappointment is a part of life....I try to learn from it and move on.

Based upon some of the posts in this string, I’ve been learning and moving on quite a bit lately...........

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]