View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Late stages of NL tournament questions

Situation 1: What position are you? I wouldn't raise A8s UTG 7-handed. You are getting about 2-1 to call the reraise. Would villain reraise with 77 or KQ? If so, it is a call. If not, you are probably worse than 2-1 agianst his range. You should only raise with this from CO or later, in which case, I would call the reraise. Could you find a better hand to raise with? High cards, suited connector, small pair, or something? A8s is dominated when called.

Situation 2: You have 8.5 and there is 6 in the pot, so your pot odds are good. I think this is a push. You should have a slight folding equity. You should be a little ahead with pot odds if you just get called by the BB. If two or more people might flat call and check it down, fold.

Situation 3: You are getting 2-1 pot odds, but 63o is worse than a 2-1 dog against UTG raisers range of hands. Easy fold.

Situation 4: The raise with 76s is not that bad. He is about even against a random SB hand and there is dead money from BB and antes. He may have also thought, based on Sit. 1-3, that you were weak/tight and might fold.