View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Trash in the BB, one limper.....

Sorry if this question is a bit general, but I think I may be missing something here.
This situation comes up quite a bit: I'm in the BB with crap, and there is either one limper to me, or it's folded to SB who completes (ok, two different situations). Together, these account for 12% of my BB hands at 5/10 6max.

Generally, I play these very straighforwardly:
Against limper, bet middle pair or better (roughly) on the flop, check-fold if I miss the flop.
Against SB, bet/raise with middle pair or better (roughly), check behind (or fold) if I miss the flop.

I think betting when you have a hand is the way to go virtually all the time, but it's the majority of the time that I miss the flop that's worrying me. I really, really hate to check all the way to have my 7-high beaten by T-high.
On the flip side, I find that in the SB-BB situation, many players will cr from the sb, and I hate getting cr'ed when I have squat.
If I do take a stab at the flop and get called, I feel like I need to follow up on the turn, given the huge proportion of 5/10 players who will peel one with as little as undercards with a 3-card straight.

Any advice?