View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: care to help out?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When SB bets out into 7 players that makes me think he has x8 where x is bigger than our 9 or a pocket pair like 99 or TT or maybe even a small set

[/ QUOTE ]
I think your range of hands for SB is pretty narrow (I'd add in lower pockets, AX where X=3or4, a straight draw, something ridiculous like AKo that he was afraid to raise preflop, etc), and even against all the hands in your range (except the set) you're drawing live to 5 clean outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if he has x8 where x>9 (which I think he has) or 99.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Addendum: I've played a lot of no foldem holdem where everyone sees the flop and 8's with a 9 kicker just don't win too much. In fact, in a game like that if you folded practically every time you didn't have a straight or flush draw or set (2 pair probably is no good if the cards are connected) on the flop you would probably come out ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
This advice seems to ignore the size of the pot. Would you continue on here if the pot was 15SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't be unless there was a raise preflop. That makes it different.

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I agree that you could still come out ahead if you folded every time you didn't flop 2pair+ or a strong draw. But I think you'll come out farther ahead if you play correctly in the more marginal situations (like this TP in a pretty big pot).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was suggesting that we may come out farther ahead in this type of game by folding top pair every time there are more than 7 players seeing the flop and we have no draw. By that I mean we lose less money by folding than we do by betting or raising. I'll soften it a little by saying our top pair is tens or less with less than a K or A kicker.

I realize that this is some whacked out thinking and I don't advocate playing like that but it just wouldn't surprise me if it didn't turn out to be the better play in the long run in a game where 8+ are seeing the flop and 6+ see the turn.