View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Problems playing with pro\'s

I put myself up on the list to play my usual 8/16 game and when they called me to the table I ran into one of the people that I frequently play with. He said that the game I was headed to was full of pro’s waiting to get into the 30/60 game and that he was just there and got out of the game. I said OK will find out if I can hang with these guys. Needless to say I lost 2½ racks in 4 hours.

Here are some of the problem hands for me.

I am in BB with K2 suited hearts.
Some one in EP calls, MP raises, MP calls, SB calls, I call, and EP calls
5 people in pot.

Flop comes back Ah 6s 8h

EP bets (this player will bet all draws), MP two bets, MP+1 three bets, I call, EP calls and MP calls.

Turn is a 6 pairing the board.

It is checked to MP+1 who bets and I stupidly call and EP also calls and MP folds.

River is the 2 of hearts.

EP bets, MP+1 two bets and I call knowing full well MP+1 has a boat and EP calls.

MP+1 shows A6
EP has 9hTh

Where should I have got away from this. I think it was OK to call from BB with 5 people in. But was 3 small bets two many to call on the flop when it was likely that MP+1 had a set. Certainly I blew when I called on the turn when board was paired and I was drawing dead.

Another hand I was also in BB

I have AJo in BB

Folded to MP who raises everyone folds to me and I call.

Flop comes back AA9

I bet and MP raises.

Turn is a 5 and I check call.

River is a K and I check call.

MP has AK and I lose again.

Also when I am in EP or EP+1. Is it wise to try limping in with hands like Q9s, 76s, T9s, KJo, ATo when the pot will be raised 35-50% of the time.