View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - Offer from a start up site

Some of the players pm-ing me have suggested that I should better define "high volume".

Using the 75% credit of rake towards a WSOP/WPT trip and assuming the value of the package is 12k and the site only allows 4 months to qualify for it, a person would need to generate 4k a month in rake for the site. If the site allows up to 6 months, a person would need a little less than 3K a month in rake.

How many hands? That would depend upon the limit you play. A $5/$10 SH handed player would only need to play about 17k hands a month on the high end (4 months) and about 12.5k hands a month on the low end (6 months).

A full ring $3/$6 player would need approximately 34k hands a month on the high end and around 25k hands on the low end. (Disclaimer on the amount of hands, these are just rough guestimates on my part, I think they would be close, but please don't take these hand figures as absolutes, as the actual number could be higher or lower.)

I hope this is helpful. And this doesn't mean that a .50/1.00 player could not, but I think it would be a rare animal that is playing 40k+ hands a month of .50/1.00.

I also will have more discussion with the site in regards to this, and perhaps there can be a discussion for a longer time period for the lower limit players to make this a more reasonable number per month. On the other hand, this could also give the higher limit player maybe a chance to earn more than one spot per year as we were talking.