View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 10:04 AM

Default down to 3-handed...JT off in SB

this is my first post in quite a while in this forumn...thanks in adveance for any responses.

this is a 44 person tourney, and we are down to 3 handed. this is a weekly tourney ($55 buy-in)...live, and i think the following may be pertinent to the situation: each week, $100 of the prize pool is taken out for an end of year freeroll. the top 2 players each week get a seat in the freeroll at the end of the year. the freeroll will have a total prize pool of $5000. there should be around 45-50 players in the freeroll (guess).

here's this weeks situation: 1st pays $800, 2nd $475, 3rd $275. i am in the SB (T36400), the player in the BB has T20000, and the button has T18000. myself and the BB already have a seat in the freeroll. button does not yet have a seat. button has not played a hand since we went to 3 handed, about 8 hands, i guess. the BB has not played against any raises by me yet, either.

blinds are 2K/4K. i am dealt JTo in the SB. button folds, i raise to T12000, effectively ensuring the BB will fold, or play for all his chips. dumb play? would a limp be better? fold?

cheers!