View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Picks to win NFL Divisions

AFC West
I've been back and forth on this division, but now that it looks like Antonio Gates will be in camp I'm starting to really like the Bolts. Tomlinson is just a stud and if he stays healthy will have a big year. McCardell has really helped the offense out a lot and it even looks like Drew Brees has that same confidence in the preseason. Thier defensde keeps getting better and better and I think is really turning into a strength like most Wade Philips defenses do.

NFC North

This is a really tough division to handicap. The Packers lost both guards and look like they are going to have a hard time running the ball, leaving things open for Farvre to make more mistakes. They do open with a pretty easy first half of the year. The second half includes games at Philly, at Atlanta and at Baltimore.

The Vikings just don't look as good to me as everyone thinks the are. Their offense looks weaker to me. I think Burrelson will struggle when teams are actually paying attention to him. Culpepper is a good QB, but defensive players are learning that it is really easy to make him fumble. Mike Tice is their coach. They seem set on starting Michael Bennett over the much more talented Mewelde Moore. With their schedule I still see them as an 8-8, 7-9 team.

The Lions have great potential. Their offense is stacked with good young players. Their defense has really inproved. The biggest problem is how healthy will they be? And will they just not live up to expectations like they don't every year. They have a mediocre schedule with some tough home games against Baltimore, Atlanta and Arizona. Plus they have to go to Green Bay in December.

The Bears have a great defense and a horrible offense. I really think all they need is a quarterback who make no mistakes and just grinds the clock away. I'm not sure they have that on the roster and Chad Hutchenson just keeps turning the ball over and you just see that look on the defense's face. The "Great...looks like we have to try and win this by ourselves" look. The only thing the Bears really have going for them is a very easy opening schedule.
at Washington
Detroit
Cincinnati
BYE WEEK
at Cleveland
Minnesota
Baltimore
at Detroit
at New Orleans
San Francisco