View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Using ALL CAPS doesn\'t strengthen your position

[ QUOTE ]
I did not let the fact that he directed the remarks at me influence my decision in the slightest. I can honestly say that my decision would have been the same had he directed the remarks at any other poster. So, why should I have recused myself, except to unduly worry about shallow impressions? The posters who have been here for years pretty much know what is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much believe that you have made a good effort to ensure that this is true.

However...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the views of those who frequently name-call and engage in other childish and destructive behaviors on the forum should even count towards a vote on such a banning.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past some may opine that you have been fairly liberal in the use of name calling against posters you disagree with, no doubt when your hackles were up and in the heat of battle. In the present system, it turns out that the vote against JW was of exactly one person, who has been allegedly guilty (albeit, perhaps, not as much as others) of the behaviour that you think should disqualify a person from voting.

Do you see the problem yet?