View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Why I Think God is Angry, Part 2

Copy of my reply in other thread:

Andy, I think that you have made no logical connection in your post between the Judeo-Christian God being an "angry" God and city based communities somehow moving from nature based worship to other types of gods. Arguments like yours conveniently focus in on only the times when God was angry with His children, and overlook the many and much more important times when He, the loving Father, forgives them their transgressions and welcomes them back with loving arms. It is true that the forgiving aspect of God isn't as emphasized in the old testament as much as the new, and if you only want to make your arguement with Jews then that's OK, as long as you realize your arguement doesn't address Christians.

As to the struggle for survival against an often hostile natural environment somehow being the reason for angry city-slicker gods that replaced more nature-oriented worship, I would only say that just because you and others may be intent on showing an anthropological development that supports your atheistic/agnostic views by denigrating the history of Judeo-Christianity, and even though you might explain the worship practices of other city-states, this has nothing to do with Judaism or Christianity which depends upon divine revelation.