View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Why I Think God is Angry, Part 2

You focus on one part of one chapter of one book of the Bible. And yes, God is a God of wrath. I'm not going to look it all up for you, but the descriptions of God's mercy and lovingkindness, His willingness to forgive and His provisions for believer and unbeliever alike, the great detail of the Law He gave Israel which was so vastly superior to any other law of any other nation of the time, and many more examples that go so far beyond God as simply angry are multiplied throughout the entire Bible. If you just want to believe that the Bible presents the God of your imagination and ignore all the rest of Who God is, who man is, and why He is angry, then Bible quotations from me will have no effect.

To quote a few verses and then dismiss your caricature of God as if you've actually said something is to ignore the incredible richness and depth of the Bible, the complexity of the way doctrines are interwoven and how the truth of reality is presented in a way that makes far more sense that the babblings of all the philosophers of history.

The immature child wails at the top of its lungs and screams about how it just can't understand while making no effort to do so and then complaining about the difficulty of the truth when someone actually tries to explain it.