View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: 30/60 turn check-raise semibluff

[ QUOTE ]

Really? You don't think a TAG will understand that Hero's range could be broad (he was in MP after all), and might be 3 betting a little light. there are also a lot hands in Hero's range that could very well contain a Jack (couldn't you make a case for playing AJ this way?) JTs might also play the hand this way. So might KK or AA, maybe even TT. Some of these hands might go nuts on the flop, but they might not. I think you're grossly underestimating the chanced that a better hand folds, especially AK. If the villian is tight enough to fold a medium Pocket pair, this play only gains value.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

For sure. I would give zero weight to AJ, JTs, AA, KK and TT. If hero check called any of those hands on this flop I think it would be absolutely horrendus (and I believe I have never seen such a hand played that way).

While the villian very well may recognize hero may have only a slightly above avergae hand preflop, he certrainly is not going ot fold on that possibility.

This check raise is such an obvious play. With AK here I am thinking I am good most of the time (in villians shoes). With AK, I think villian should be considering 3 betting there - although I will admit I am not good enough to trust a read enough to make that play.

IMO, the only thing the check raise gets you is some small fold equity on the river depending on the card.