Thread: Poker Talk Show
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Poker Talk Show

[ QUOTE ]
So who's going to host the first poker talk show on cable? You know it's coming. Probably on FSN or ESPN. Kind of like Jesse May's little show on cardplayer.com during the WSOP, or Chris Rose's "Best Damn Sports Show." Maybe there's a market for it, maybe it's overkill. But I can see a late night talkshow format, fun to watch, pros come on and talk strategy and be funny, etc. I just got the WPT season 2 DVD and listened to the commentary of two episodes by Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari. It sort of felt like listening to a Howrd Stern broadcast. I also listened to some of Phil Gordon's podcasts and it felt the same way, like a bunch of guys hanging out, cracking jokes and talking shop. If poker continues to boom the way it has been, I see a show like this as an inevitability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Rose is an unbelievable douche.
Mike Sexton is like a boring old grandfather.
Jesse May was okay, a little goofy.
Matt Vasgerian who does the San Diego Padre broadcasts and has done some poker and WSOBJ shows is pretty good.
Padraig Parkinson as a sidekick was awesome, I think he is hilarious.

It will likely be someone who does other sports stuff and knows poker (like Rose) but that would be disappointing.

Most entertaining potential hosts: Ellix Powers

Also I think even though 1.4 seems to be roundly disliked, he might be fun to watch on a talk show or something.