View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: clarification

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So, for example, I’m in the BB w/ QQ. There are 5 limpers and I limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

you owe me $20 to buy a rag and something to clean up vomit w/...my computer is nearly ruined.

read: you need to raise here. like, really really should. you have pocket queens! Pocket queens win more than thier fair share, and you almost certianly have the best hand right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Not only do you have best hand right now you are 7.5:1 to flop set, full house or quads. You have the implied odds [/b]on that alone[/b] to raise here.

Once the flop comes you have to pay attention to all the factors. Are there overcards to your pair? Is there a flush or strait draw? Do you have a backdoor draw to that strait or flush?

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

<ul type="square">[*]Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Bet this flop. Mr. A5o may very well be forced to fold his ace to aggression. He fears you have AA since your raised PF from the BB. You might release your queens to heavy action since you have only 2 outs.
[*]Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
This one is more dangerous. Both the overcards are out. I would checkraise this flop (to protect your hand) and fold to the 3 bet. You have a backdoor strait and flush draw, but your queens are dirty, dirty out. Get the gutshot draws to fold.
[*]Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Your queens are clean, but the flush is out there. Once again, lead this flop and be willing to cap this street. You want the small aces to pack it in and the flush draws to never see a free card.
[*]flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Lead this flop as well. Paired flops check around a lot. If everyone folds you couldn't have charged them more anyway. If you are lucky someone has a J or 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s and they will pay you off. If the heart hits the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] will probably go to war with you.
[/list]